American University's Office of Professional Studies in collaboration with Change Matrix is offering a four-month online training for Leaders in Equitable Evaluation and Diversity (LEEAD), a program of Expanding the Bench™.
LEEAD is an evaluation training program for early-career scholars from diverse racial and ethnic groups. The program is designed to develop a pipeline of diverse leaders in culturally responsive and equitable evaluation who will advance the field of evaluation and improve the life outcomes of children, families, and communities.
This 12-month training program develops evaluation competencies through the following components:
- Mentoring: LEEAD Scholars are matched with an evaluation expert who serves as a mentor through the program.
- Online Curriculum: Online evaluation curriculum provided by American University that covers core competencies and culturally responsive and equitable evaluation.
- Practicum: After completion of the online curriculum, scholars have the opportunity to apply their knowledge during work with a host site on an evaluation project.
Who Should Apply?
Applicants with 3 to 5 years of experience in research or evaluation in the fields of criminal justice, psychology, public policy, public health, mental health, sociology, economics, social work, or related fields. Other eligibility criteria include:
- Member of one or more of the following racially/ethnically diverse populations:
- Asian or Asian American
- Black, African, or African American
- Hispanic and/or Latinx
- Native American or Alaska Native
- Pacific Islander or Native Hawaiian
- Current residence and eligibility to work in the United States
- Doctoral degree with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 years post-doctoral experience in research and/or evaluation.
- Endorsement from chair or dean, if the applicant is a faculty member at an academic institution
- Evidence of leadership capacity with potential for future growth as a thought leader in their field
- Demonstrated interest in conducting evaluation and the use of culturally responsive and equitable evaluation
- Committed to social justice and equity
- Ability to participate in virtual collaborative spaces, such as video conferencing and online networks.
About Change Matrix and expanding the bench™
Change Matrix works to motivate, manage, and measure change using a structured approach to assess the situation, define outcomes, and tailor processes and tools.
They recognize that there is great strength in bringing together a wide range of experiences, knowledge, and ideas to creatively and productively meet the needs of children and families.
Their mission includes motivating, managing, and measuring change to support systems and communities that improve lives.