In response to the COVID-19 crisis and in order to safeguard the health and well being of our students, American University's Mentorship Program is now offering 100% online internships and classes for the fall semester.
The Mentorship Program DC is a unique program offered in the fall semester exclusively to AU-bound students. This program allows you to get a jump start on applied learning, launch your career network, and experience interning for an organization in the nation's capital.
With the diverse range of opportunities in government, non-profit organizations, and bussinesses here in DC, you can secure an internship in your field of interest. Gaining this experience as a freshman will help you better determine a course of study, leading to your future career.
The Benefits of MPDC
- Nearly 90% of AU students work at an internship during their four years. You’ll be first among your graduating class to intern in DC, under the mentorship of experienced AU professors and administrators.
- You’ll earn credit toward your AU degree and satisfy AU Core required courses while exploring your field of interest through AU electives
- Through our partnership with University College (UC) students in the Mentorship Program join AU's largest living learning community.
- You’ll enjoy MPDC-only events, designed to help you navigate DC and meet experts and program alumni.
- Substantive internship (3 days a week)
- Courses which count towards your degree (2 days a week)
- Live on campus in a living learning community with other Mentorship students
- Mentorship of a dedicted AU professor and administrative advisors