Selecting Mentorship Program in England
Studying abroad is exciting, however it can also be challenging. As you consider the Mentorship Program in England, think about whether you are ready to start your college career overseas. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What are your reasons for choosing the Mentorship Program in England to launch your college experience?
- How do you respond to challenging situations?
- How adaptable are you—especially in a new environment and away from home?
- Are you ready to be independent and prepared for apartment living?
- Are you prepared to follow rigorous expectations of conduct?
- While you may use the weekends for travel and exploring, the Mentorship Program is not a vacation.
- Are you prepared to be a student first and make academics your priority?
Getting to Yes!
Students who select the England program will submit two deposits to American University.
- You will submit an initial deposit ($600) to commit to AU in spring and the Mentorship Program in fall semester. This deposit will be credited to the spring 2020 semester bill. Please be sure to select the Mentorship Program box located on the Enrollment Agreement and Housing Application to indicate your participation in the fall Mentorship Program.
- Once you submit the AU deposit, Mentorship Program staff will reach out to inquire about the Mentorship Program preference.
- If you select to participate in the Mentorship Program in England, you will be required to submit an additional deposit of $1,500 by May 1, 2019 (for housing in England). The additional England program deposits can be submitted through myau.american.edu Eagle Finance or by check.
*The Mentorship Program in England has limited capacity, and the program may fill before the May 1 deposit deadline. Note, that you will not make the enrollment list for this program until the Mentorship Program Office receives the additional $1,500 deposit for the England Program.
To pay by check, please make the check payable to "American University", including your name and AU ID number, which is on your admission letter, and send it to:
School of Professional & Extended Studies
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016-8083