The Washington Semester Program provides a platform for ambitious and diverse learners to take advantage of all that Washington, DC has to offer. You will learn from real-world leaders and experts who are making a difference in their field. Your professor will lead you through the nation's capital to go behind the scenes in government, non-profit and corporate settings.
For your seminar, you can select from one of the following concentrations:
- American Politics
- Engage with prominent policy makers, politicians, and government staff to see how things really work in Washington.
- Foreign Policy
- Discuss current issues, priorities, and contending views of America's role in the world with practitioners, US officials, and other members of the policy community.
- Global Economics & Business
- Engage with professionals and agencies directly involved in the debate and formulation of economic, investment, and trade policies.
- International Law and Organizations
- Meet with international law practitioners that shape policy to see how the relationship between law and multinational organizations impacts security, trade, economic development, the environment, and human rights.
- Journalism and New Media
- Go behind the scenes at local media outlets to engage with key innovators in journalism and communications. See how they share news, policy, and hot topics that affect our nation.
- Justice & Law
- Gain an understanding of the institutions and organizations that contribute to making, executing, and interpreting the laws, rules, and regulations by which we govern ourselves.
- Public Health Policy
- Examine the relationship between public policy and healthcare; including how policy decisions are made; the influencers; and the effects of public health policies on communities.
- Sports Management & Media
- Engage with sports-industry professionals and executives and gain an understanding of a $250 billion a year industry - from ticket sales to marketing and media.
- Sustainable Development
- Explore local, national, and global sustainable development and become familiar with best practices in the field to learn how to advocate for and create effective change.