The Sustainable Development program is a unique course of study that combines an engaging seminar, visits with numerous activists and leaders, study of strategies to achieve change, and valuable interactions among students. Together, we learn about key actors in the global community, study specific issues such as education, inequality, the Sustainable Development Goals, social entrepreneurship and public/private partnerships, conservation and climate change.
Recent Seminar Speakers
- Michael Curtin, DC Central Kitchen Manager
- Angelica Silvero, Communications Director, World Bank
- Chad Bissonnette, Founder, Roots of Development
- Steve Culbertson, CEO of Youth Service America
- Nicole Tanner, Deputy Global Coordinator, Water Round Table, World Wildlife Fund
- Mike Henley, Coral Reef Scientist, Smithsonian Zoo
Recent Internship Sites
- Amazon Conservation Association
- Earth Aid
- DC Central Kitchen
- Save the Children
- SOS Villages
- International Rescue Committee
- Friendship Place
Please send me information about Washington Semester Program
This application is temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance.
Our enrollment system is going through planned maintenance and will be unavailable starting August 15, 2018 at 6PM EDT (GMT -4). Follow-up emails may be delayed, should you want to start an application you may need to wait until after August 20
If you have any questions or need immediate assistance please contact the appropriate office at the contact information below.