Once you have been hired by American University, ensure that you have access to electronic timesheets through the myAU Portal, or confirm other reporting procedures with your supervisor.
Enter the number of hours you work each day and sign your timesheet at the end of each two-week pay period. If you sign your timesheet after the payroll due date, your payment may be delayed.
The university offers different pay options which provide secure, dependable, and convenient ways to access your pay.
Direct Deposit automatically deposits your paycheck into your designated bank account(s) on payday.
If you do not enroll in direct deposit, you will automatically be issued a TotalPay ™ card and each pay period your pay will automatically be deposited on the card.
The Payment Selection form can be accessed in Eagle Service via Work@AU section of the myAU portal.
AU offers two primary payment options: direct deposit to your bank account and the Money Network™ TotalPay Card for those without access to a traditional banking service.
- If you select Direct Deposit, follow the instructions below.
- If you select the TotalPay Card, Payroll will contact you with further instructions.
- If these payment methods are not suitable for you, please select Other on the Payment Selection form and contact Payroll.
The Payment Selection form will provide you with details on each payment type. After you have chosen the one that best fits your needs, press Submit and follow the directions on the confirmation page.
Adding and Changing New Banking Information
Employees can access the Banking Information screen directly from the myAU Portal or from Eagle Service. Here, employees can add, change or remove accounts for direct deposit.
Adding an Account
- Click the Add an Account button.
- Verify your previous account, if applicable, for employees with existing accounts.
- Follow the prompts.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your email upon completion.
MAaking a Change or End Deposits to an Account
- Click on the account you wish to change.
- You will be prompted to enter an Existing Account Number for additional security.
- Use the Bank Account Usage section to choose the account (toggle On or Off) or set an End Date for the account.
- You can scroll down to change Deposit Priority.
- The account nickname can be changed, by clicking View Bank Account Details.
- Be sure to press Save and Submit upon completion.