VIII. ELECTION OF BOARD OFFICERS
- Before the winter meeting preceding the end of the Board officers’ terms, the Trusteeship Committee will poll trustees for comments and recommendations to nominate either current officers for re-election or new officers for election.
- To qualify for election, a trustee must have served one (1) three-year term.
- The committee will notify nominees of their nomination, inform them of Board officers’ responsibilities, and confirm nominees’ willingness to serve.
- At the winter meeting, the Trusteeship Committee will discuss its findings, agree on nominees to recommend for election or re-election, and make recommendations to the Board.
- Officers are elected by a simple majority of those present at the winter meeting, a quorum being noted. Nominations may be made from the floor at the time of election. Election will be by written ballot upon the request of any two (2) trustees present at the election.
- The two-year terms of incoming officers will begin at the spring meeting following the winter meeting officer elections. Officers will continue in office until their successors are elected. No officer will be eligible to serve more than two (2) consecutive two-year terms in the same office.