VMware Horizon Client Installation
- Visit the VCL portal.
- Click on the "Install VMware Horizon Client" button.
- Find your desired client in the list and click "Go to Downloads."
- Click the "Download" button and choose where to save the installer.
- Once the download finishes, launch the installer and click "Agree."
- Drag the VMWare client icon to the Applications folder icon.
- After the program installs, you can launch it from your Applications folder.
NOTE: These settings will be saved for future sessions, so you only need to set them once. Once the client is installed and configured simply re-launch the program when you need to connect again.
1. Launch the VMware client from the Applications folder.
2. Click the "New Server" button.
3. Enter vcl.american.edu in the "Connection server" field and click "Connect."
4. When prompted for your credentials, enter your AU username and password.
5. You will then be prompted to enter your DUO two-factor secondary password. (For information about setting up DUO, follow the instructions at the DUO enrollment website)
6. After successful login, you will see the list of desktop pools available to you. Before launching a virtual desktop, use the following steps to allow the client to connect to your local hard drives or USB devices.
7. From the OSX tool bar at the top of the screen, click on "VMware Horizon Client" and then "Preferences."
8. Click on the "Sharing" tab.
9. Check all of the options, and then close the configuration window.
10. You can now double-click the icon for the desktop pool you wish to launch.