School of International Service
Additional Positions at AUAffiliate Faculty Member, Department of History
Coordinator, European and Russian Studies Program
Faculty Advisor, European Studies Certificate
- Professor Michelle Egan teaches a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses including: The European Union, Relations of West European Nations, International Relations of Europe, Comparative European Politics, Economics, and Society, Transatlantic Relations, Multinationals and Globalization, and Competition in an Interdependent World. She is also the faculty advisor for the European Studies Certificate, which is open to students from all disciplines and fields at the graduate and undergraduate level who wish to focus their studies on Europe.
DegreesPhD, University of Pittsburgh; MA, University of Pittsburgh; MA, Virginia Polytechnic and State University; BA, University of Warwick (UK)
- SIS-School of Intl Service
- SIS - 351
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Jean Monnet Chair
- Randall Hansen Award for Outstanding Service, SIS 2009
- German Marshall Fund Fellowship
- Robert Bosch Fellowship
- German-American Academic Council Fellowship
- Jean Monnet Fellowship
- Howard Foundation Fellowship
- American University School of International Service Outstanding Teaching Award, 2000
- APSA Outstanding Teaching in Political Science Award, 2002
- Innovative Use of Technology Award, 2002
- Internship Faculty Supervisor Award, 2001
Grants and Sponsored Research
- FP7 SSH Project: TRANSWORLD: “TRANSWORLD: Redefining the transatlantic relationship and its role in shaping global governance’, funded by the European Commission, coordinated by the Institute of International Affairs in Rome, Italy. Michelle Egan leads the AU research team. 2012-2015.
- Research Agendas in EU Studies: Stalking the Elephant. (Ed. with Neill Nugent and William E. Paterson.) London, Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics.
- Constructing a European Market: Standards, Regulation and Governance, Oxford University Press.
- Creating a Transatlantic Marketplace: Government Policies and Business Strategies, Manchester University Press.
- Single Markets: Economic Integration in Europe and the United States, Oxford University Press.