LEARN AT AU
Established in 1947, the Washington Semester Program pairs academic and experiential learning with an internship at one of D.C.’s many influential institutions. Receive academic credit and:
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Learn on-site at key organizations in D.C.
- Engage with prominent experts and leaders in government, international affairs, non-profit and media organizations
- Interact with professionals in your field
- Participate in immersive seminars
- Experience the culture of Washington, D.C.
- Build your professional and personal networks
WORK IN D.C.
Become career-ready by interning in Washington, D.C. You will gain practical and professional experience that will elevate you in a competitive job market. Our staff provides expert advice on acquiring an internship before your arrival. Focus on your long-term professional development and reflect on your experiences in the accompanying academic course.