Need Help With Blackboard?
Welcome to the website for the Blackboard Support Group! On this website, you will find information about training workshops for faculty, online documentation for faculty and students, and links to videos and podcasts for students and faculty.
BLACKBOARD COURSE BANNER REQUESTS
Customize and personalize your course with a custom banner created for you on demand. To request a banner for your course please follow this link: https://blogs.library.american.edu/e-learning/bb-banner.html
TRAINING WORKSHOPS FOR FACULTY
If you need help or would like training on Blackboard or any software mentioned below please contact us at 202-885-3904 or email to email@example.com. We are offering Blackboard Workshops as part of the Teaching, Research, and Technology Workshops on August 19, 20, & 26, 2015. To learn more and register please visit: https://cms.american.edu/library/forms/blackboard.cfm
Looking for help with Blackboard? Our Online Documentation, Videos, and Podcasts below provide basic help and detailed answers for the most common questions and problems.
- How do I login to Blackboard?
- How do I send E-mail through Blackboard?
- How do I get rid of old classes?
- How do I upload a document?
- How do I add/remove a student or Teaching Assistant?
- How do I copy my content from an old course to a new one?
- How do I combine multiple sections of the same class into one course?
- Please call us at 202-885-3904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with merging your courses.
- How do I create groups?
- How do I create an assignment for my students?
- How do I add a YouTube video or other multimedia?
ONLINE HELP FOR STUDENTS
If you are a student and having issues with Blackboard, please use the links below to find solutions to the most common Blackboard problems. If you are using Blackboard 9 for the first time, try checking out our Blackboard 9 for Students podcast for a few quick tips you might find useful. Finally, remember that not all professors use Blackboard. Please check with your professor before inquiring about the status of a class.
- You can find information about basic Blackboard features here.
- How do I use Discussion Board?
- How do I submit an Assignment?
- How do I take a Test in Blackboard?
- How do I see My Grades in Blackboard?
- How can I send messages from my Blackboard course to other people in the course?
- Know Issues with Blackboard
- Blackboard Log-In
- Workshop signup
- Teaching During Weather Emergencies
- Media Management Using Kaltura
- Collaborate Information
- Online Help for Faculty
- Online Help for Students
If you are unable to find answers to your questions online:
BLACKBOARD SUPPORT GROUP
Bender Library, Room 321
Monday to Friday
9:00am - 5:30pm
Top 10 Online Blackboard 9 Tutorials
Here are a few step-by-step tutorials from Blackboard that are really great for getting used to some of the new features.