School of Communication
- Claudia Myers is a full-time professor of Film and Media Arts. She wrote and directed Kettle of Fish, which won a Nickelodeon Screenwriting Award and was cited as a standout romantic comedy in David Carr’s The New York Times festival overview. Below the Beltway, a feature film she produced, won the audience award at the Newport Beach Film Festival. She co-wrote Wild Oats, which won second place at the 2004 Slamdance Screenplay Competition and is currently in development with Howard Deutch to direct. Myers has written several other screenplays including Clinical, a finalist at the 2003 Sundance Filmmakers Lab and The Fourth Trimester, a quarter-finalist for the 2008 Page Awards. Her short films have earned recognition including Best Film at the Rosebud Film Festival, Best Film at the Silver Images Festival, Best Film at the Columbia Film Festival, New Line Cinema’s Development Award, and the Lifetime Student Filmmaker Award. Her short film, Buddy & Grace, screened at the Sundance Film Festival in 2002.
DegreesBA Yale University; MFA Columbia University's School of the Arts
- SOC - School of Communication
- Mary Graydon - 320
- Mondays 2-5pm, Fridays 10am-2pm
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- 2011 Hamptons Lab, "Fort Bliss"
- 2011 Sundance Screenwriters Lab Finalist, "Fort Bliss"
- 2009 Screenplay Festival (Finalist), "As You Are"
- 2008 Page Screenwriting Awards (Quarter Finalist), "The Fourth Trimester"
- Slamdance Screenwriting Competition (2nd Place), "Wild Oats"
- Nickeolodeon Screenwriting Award, "Kettle of Fish"
- Sundance Screenwriters Lab Finalist, "Clinical"
- Newport Beach Film Festival Audience Award, "Below the Beltway"
- Rosebud Film & Video Festival (Best of Show), "The Kindness of Strangers"
- New Line Cinema Development Award, "The Kindness of Strangers"
- Angelus Awards (Finalist), "The Kindness of Strangers
- Silver Images Film Festival (Best Film), "Buddy & Grace"
- DC Shorts Audience Award, "Buddy & Grace"
- National Board of Review Award, "Buddy & Grace"
- Lifetime Student Filmmaker Award, "Buddy & Grace"
- 2009 Regional Emmy Award Nominee, "The Long Road Back"
- Silver Telly "The Long Road Back," documentary category
- Classic Tellly "The Long Road Back," documentary category
- Aurora Award (Gold) "The Long Road Back," documentary/bio
- 2008 CODiE Award "Outside the Wire," best workforce training solution
- Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Award, "Outside the Wire"
- Producer, "Below the Beltway" starring Tate Donovan, Sarah Clarke, Kip Pardue, Spencer Garrett, Noah Wyle, written by Jim Wareck & Brad Weir, directed by Dave Fraunces, produced by Jim Wareck, Claudia Myers, Spencer Garrett. DVD release by Otter Creek.
- Writer, Director, "Kettle of Fish" starring Matthew Modine and Gina Gershon. Premiered at Tribeca Film Festival, theatrical release by Aloha Releasing, DVD release by Screen Media.
- Writer, Producer, "The Long Road Back"
- Writer, Producer, "Women at War"
- Writer, "The War Inside" developed for the U.S. Army with WILL Interactive
- "Below the Beltway" on Showtime 2010-present
- "Women at War" on the Pentagon Channel March 2009-2010
- "The Long Road Back" on the Pentagon Channel 2008-2009
- "Kettle of Fish" on Showtime 2007-2008
Notable Film Festival Screenings
- Newport Beach Film Festival, "Below the Beltway" (premiere)
- GI Film Festival, "The Long Road Back"
- Tribeca Film Festival, "Kettle of Fish" (premiere)
- Sundance Film Festival, "Buddy & Grace"
- Hollywood Film Festival, "The Kindness of Strangers" (premiere)
- Slamdance Reading Series, "Wild Oats"
Work In Progress
- Writer, Director "Fort Bliss" to star Michelle Monaghan
- Writer, "Wild Oats" to star Shirley MacLaine
- Writer, Producer, "Women on the Wing" about the Women Airforce Service Pilots of WWII
AU News and Achievements
Professor Gives Students Real World Film Experience
As producer of a new feature film, professor Claudia Myers recruited students to work in her crew....
Lights, Camera . . . SOC Filmmaker Gets Students in the Action
Students venture Below the Beltway on the set of feature film....