This year brings six impressive new members to American University’s Alumni Board. Their diverse perspectives and insights will strengthen the already-dynamic alumni leadership.
With a history dating back to the 1950s, the Alumni Board leads AU’s alumni association, providing perspective and insight to professional staff in outreach to alumni an improving student experience. On the board, all five schools and colleges are represented, as well as varied professional industries, backgrounds, and generations.
New members include:
Patty Caballero, SOC/BA ’91, Kogod/MBA ’00, Founder/CEO of PSC Consulting, LLC
Patty has been an advocate of AU since her graduation. She has attended numerous AU alumni events and supported activities in the New York area.
Sean Graham, Kogod/MBA ’11, Head Coach, Track and Cross Country, American University
Sean remains connected to AU as head coach of the Track and Cross Country team. He has been an integral part of helping to increase alumni donations to the team.
Bill Ruvo, Kogod/BS ’82, Federal Sales Manager-Security at Juniper Networks
A former AU soccer player, Bill regularly attends athletic events. He is a founding member of the Eagles Club, the Eagles Leadership Council, and the Hall of Fame selection committee.
Bradley White, SPA/BA ’99, WCL/JD ’07, Freedom of Information Act Officer, Department of Homeland Security
Bradley maintains his commitment to AU through the Gospel Choir and attending events, including AU faculty retreats. He helped found the AU Gospel Choir Alumni Affinity Network and was its first co-chair. A part of the Black Alumni Alliance, he served as membership cochair, BAA vice chair, and BAA chair. He currently serves as the BAA’s immediate past chair. He also helped create the first Black Student Graduation and the BAA Book Award.
Michael Worley, SPA/BA ’12, Founder/CEO of MDW Communications
Michael is an active AU volunteer and former member of the South Florida Alumni Chapter. He has served at numerous events, helped facilitate internships for AU students, and been a featured speaker at student networking events. He is also a member of the DC Young Alumni Chapter’s executive board.
Brett Zongker, SOC/BA ’03, SOC/MA ’04, Public Affairs Specialist, Library of Congress
Brett has been an active volunteer and mentor and is an adjunct professor in SOC. He has led and reconstructed The Eagle Advisory Board, developed and led the Eagle Innovation Fund, served on the inaugural Pride Alumni Alliance Leadership Circle, served on the founding committee for the Eagles Endowment for Public and Community Service, and served as a mentor for SOC’s alumni-student mentoring program.
These members join the following current board members:
• Rob Johnson, SPA/BS ’81, Retired Assistant General Counsel – Legal Services, Exxon Mobil Corporation (AUAB President)
• Jonathan Mathis, Kogod/BSBA ’04, Director, National Honor Societies, National Association of Secondary School Principals (AUAB Vice President, Operations)
• Kristen Eastlick, CAS/BA ’95, SPA/MA ’96, Chief Administrative Officer, Berman and Company; Vice President of Programs, Capital Research Center (AUAB Vice President, External Relations)
• Amy Lampert, SOC/BA ’94, Vice President, Time Square Inc. (AUAB Secretary)
• Elliot Bell-Krasner, SPA/MPP ’12, Program Director for Northeast and Southeast, Junior State of America Foundation
• Melanie Brown, CAS/BA ’02, Senior Program Officer of US Policy, Advocacy and Communication, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
• Peter Brusoe, SPA/PhD ’12, ,Campaign Finance and Lobbying Data Analyst, Bloomberg LP
• Nakeesha Ceran, SPA/BA ’10, SPA/MA ’12, Associate Director, One Card and Dining Services, American University
• Eugene Costa, Kogod/BSBA ’77, Senior Vice President and Group Lead for Europe and Asia, ICF
• Derrick Hensley, Kogod/MS ’13, Internal Reporting and Corporate Accounting Director, Freddie Mac
• Adam Katz, WCL/JD ’86, Tax Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
• Irene Magafan, SOC/BA ’02, SOC/MFA ’12, Video Archive Production Specialist and Editor, World Wildlife Fund
• John Nadolenco, WCL/JD ’95, Partner, Mayer Brown
• George “Cookie” Reed-Dellinger, Kogod/BS ’69, Kogod/MBA ’71, Retired Senior Vice President, TeleMedia/Internet Analyst, Washington Analysis
• Sherry Soanes, WCL/JD ’97, Trial Attorney, US Department of Justice
• LaTanya Sothern, SOC/BA '92, Principal, Prince George’s County Public Schools, EXCEL Academy Public Charter School