Robyn Rafferty Mathias Undergraduate Summer Fellowship
Mathias Summer Fellowships support student-initiated research and creative activities completed under the direction of faculty mentors. Fellowships for Summer 2021 provide $4500 student support funding, which includes any supplies needed to complete their research (e.g., materials, transportation, fieldwork). Faculty will provide mentorship over the summer to help a student develop, execute and analyze an original scholarly or artistic project. The faculty mentors receive a $500 stipend for their assistance on the student’s project.
Please note that faculty may only supervise one award-winning student per summer. Awardees must be majors in the College of Arts & Sciences and faculty mentors must be full-time CAS faculty during the period of the award. Students may only receive one summer award and are required to work full-time on their research project for a designated period in the summer. Any summer session courses taken by a student must fall outside the period identified for their research project. Proposals submitted by CAS students for the University Summer Scholars and Arts Fellowships will automatically be considered for this fellowship. Please note that these funds may be taxable.
Proposals are due by 5 p.m. ET, April 2nd to the online submission form:
- Your name, email address, and student ID
- A 2-4 page research proposal outlining your proposed project
- A reference letter from your faculty mentor/supervisor must be submitted separately via the reference letter submission form, by the faculty member
- To access the online forms, sign in to office.com using your AU SSO (with same username and password you use for the AU Portal).
- If you are a student, remove “student” from your email username when entering it into office.com.
- We recommend Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser.
Please contact Haely Jardas if you have any questions or issues with the online submission form at email@example.com.