Robyn Rafferty Mathias Undergraduate Summer Fellowship
Mathias Summer Fellowships support student-initiated research and creative activities completed under the direction of faculty mentors. Fellowships for Summer 2021 provide $4500 student support funding, which includes any supplies needed to complete their research (e.g., materials, transportation, fieldwork). Faculty will provide mentorship over the summer to help a student develop, execute and analyze an original scholarly or artistic project. The faculty mentors receive a $500 stipend for their assistance on the student’s project.
Please note that faculty may only supervise one award-winning student per summer. Awardees must be majors in the College of Arts & Sciences and faculty mentors must be full-time CAS faculty during the period of the award. Students may only receive one summer award and are required to work full-time on their research project for a designated period in the summer. Any summer session courses taken by a student must fall outside the period identified for their research project. Please note that these funds may be taxable.
Proposals are due by 5 p.m. ET, April 2nd to the online submission form:
- Your name, email address, and student ID
- A 2-4 page research proposal outlining your proposed project
- A reference letter from your faculty mentor/supervisor must be submitted separately via the reference letter submission form, by the faculty member
- To access the online forms, sign in to office.com using your AU SSO (with same username and password you use for the AU Portal).
- If you are a student, remove “student” from your email username when entering it into office.com.
- We recommend Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser.
Please contact Haely Jardas if you have any questions or issues with the online submission form at email@example.com.