- MFA Painting, Yale University
BFA Painting, Kansas City Art Institute
- Deborah Kahn graduated with an MFA in painting from Yale University in 1978. She has exhibited in New York at the Bowery Gallery and The Painting Center. For the past two years she has been included in group exhibitions at the Toyota Municipal Museum in Nagoya, Japan. Her work has been included in exhibitions in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. She is represented by Les Yeux du Monde Gallery in Charlottesville, VA, and in September 2009 she will exhibit at Gross McCleaf Gallery in Philadelphia. In 2004 she was a recipient of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Grant. She has been teaching at American University since 1989. She has also taught at Dartmouth College, The New York Studio School, Yale University, Queens College, and Indiana University Bloomington.
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- 2004 John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Grant
- 2008 Chautauqua School of Art, Chautauqua, NY. Faculty.
- 1991-2006 Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH. Visiting Associate Professor of Studio Art, Summer Terms.
- 2007 University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK. Visiting artist.
- 2007 Rhode Island School of Design. Visiting instructor.
- 2007 New York Studio School, New York, NY. Visiting lecturer, 2006 Drawing Marathon Instructor.
- 2004 University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Visiting Artist.
- 2001 Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT. Produced print for publication and collection, 1995, Visiting Artist.
- 2001 Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA. Visiting artist.
- 1999 Brandeis University, Waltham, MA. Visiting artist.
- 1990 National Women’s Museum, Washington, D.C. Visiting lecturer, “Careers and Education.”
Grants and Sponsored Research
- 2005, 2002 Mellon Foundation Grant.
See CV for full list.