- Additional Positions at AU
- Senior Research Economist, Institute for Women's Policy Research
- Director, Center on the Economics of Reproductive Health
- Collaborator, World Bank Africa Gender Innovation Lab
- PhD, Agricultural & Resource Economics, University of California Berkeley MA, International Relations, The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies BA, Mathematics, Mississippi State University
- Professor Jones is an applied microeconomist and whose research focuses on evaluating the impacts of various economic policies and interventions on gender equality and welfare. In addition to serving as Assistant Professor of Economics at American University, she is also the Senior Research Economist at the Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR), and the Director of IWPR’s Center for the Economics of Reproductive Health. She also collaborates on research with the Africa Gender Innovation Lab at the World Bank. She previously served as Research Fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute, and served as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer in Kenya. You can read more about her research on her professional website and follow her on twitter @kmpjones.
Area of Expertise
Gender economics, women’s economic empowerment, economics of reproductive health, international development economics (Africa), savings by the poor, connecting women with markets, and how the poor and vulnerable cope with economic shocks.