- Prior to joining AU, Dr. Maria K. Pospieszalska held research scientist positions at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Virginia, the Department of Biomedical Engineering and Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, and the Division of Inflammation Biology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA. She has taught numerous courses (differential equations, probability, actuarial statistics, biostatistics, and many more) for three major universities. Dr. Pospieszalska's research interest is in modeling of physical and biophysical processes. Her earlier publications are in the field of atmospheric physics and include modeling the neutral cloud and heavy ion inner torus of Saturn, the erosion of rings and density of the Cassini division of Saturn, atmospheric sputtering on Mars, and plasma sputtering of Io's atmosphere. Her recent publications are in the field of biophysics and include modeling of processes in blood vessels such as cell rolling in shear flow, formation of cell tethers, and adhesion molecules' interaction in inflammation including atherosclerosis.
- See Also
- Professional Science Master's Program in Biostatistics
- Maria Pospieszalska - Courses in Biostatistics
- Maria Pospieszalska - Recent Papers' Abstracts
- Maria Pospieszalska - Google Scholar Citations
- Maria Pospieszalska - ETMA Website
- For the Media
- To request an interview for a news story, call AU Communications at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
STAT-203 Basic Statistics With Calculus
STAT-202 Basic Statistics