You are here: American University University Directory


Please enter service related keywords and click on "Search". Searches are case insensitive.

Immigration Documents - How to Obtain

After you’ve been admitted to American University, you will need to get an immigration document (either an I-20* or DS-2019*) from the university in order to apply for a student visa. International Student & Scholar Services will issue your I-20 or DS2-2019 after the admissions office receives your deposit (if required), your supporting financial documents, and your completed CFIS form. The I-20 or DS-2019 document will be mailed to you by the admissions office, and you will be able to use this document to apply for a student visa at a US Embassy or Consulate.
*An I-20 is issued to individuals who are applying for an F-1 student visa. A DS-2019 is issued to individuals who are applying for a J-1 exchange visitor student visa.

Available to:
Current Students Future Students Parents