eSuds is an online laundry system that gives students the ability to:
Check if washers and dryers are available in specific laundry rooms
Use their student ID or PIN code to activate and pay for the wash and dry cycles
Receive notification that their wash and dry cycles are complete via email, cell phone or smartphone
e-Suds reports the following statuses for washers and dryers
- "Available" means that another user has not started a particular machine.
- "In use" means a user has started the machine and it is in use.
- "Cycle Complete" means the user has not opened the machine's door to remove their laundry, but the cycle is complete.
Notifications work two ways:
- If the laundry room is busy, you can request to be notified when a specified washer and/or dryer become available.
- If you have laundry in a washer or dryer, you can request to be notified when your load of laundry has completed the washing or drying cycle.
If you are able to successfully find your location and view the list of laundry rooms, it is possible that the specific laundry room you are looking for is not connected to the e-Suds system.
For some types of dryers, the e-Suds Web site reports average time of the dryer cycle. This occasionally results in the Web site reporting that there is no time remaining and that the machine is in use.