You are here: American University University Directory


Please enter service related keywords and click on "Search". Searches are case insensitive.

Social Security Number

To comply with IRS regulations, the University is required to have the student's social security or taxpayer identification number on file to file the 1098-T tax form

» [read more]

If your social security number is not already on file, the Office of Student Accounts will send you a request. The social security card can be presented in person at AU Central (Asbury 201) or a notarized copy of the social security card can be mailed to AU Central, Asbury 201, 4400 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20016

In order to protect your personal information, the University is required to view the original social security card (or a notarized copy) before your official record can be updated

Service Department:
Available to:
Current Students Parents