Commencement ceremonies occur at the end of the fall and spring semesters:
- Fall Commencement – for August, Term 3, Term 4, and December graduates
- Spring Commencement – for Term 1, May, and Term 2 graduates
Graduating students are invited to participate in the school ceremony in which their degree program falls.
Review the Health and Safety Requirements for Commencement. The university will continue to monitor conditions related to COVID-19 and follow guidelines set by local and federal government authorities. We will notify graduating students as soon as possible if commencement plans need to be altered or if additional mitigation efforts must be implemented.
Countdown to Commencement
- Apply to graduate on Eagle Service and go to Graduation Overview.
- Check your AU email account for monthly updates from firstname.lastname@example.org beginning August 2022.
- Chosen Name Students can now use a chosen first, middle, and last name(s) on their diplomas. Chosen names may include nicknames, anglicized names, initials, mononyms, names that reflect gender identity, or family name(s). Learn more on the chosen name website.
- Diploma Name Verification Even if your chosen name has not changed since you first applied to AU, please take a moment to check your Application to Graduate on Eagle Service to verify the spelling, punctuation, spacing, and capitalization of your diploma name.
- Check back for more updates on plans to celebrate our graduates.