Alumni involvement is crucial to the success of American University. Alumni philanthropy supports bright students, high-caliber faculty, and significant research that benefits society, promotes innovation, contributes new knowledge, and changes lives.
Phonathon employees serve as fundraisers and ambassadors for the university to achieve these goals. Student callers have the unique opportunity to make meaningful connections with the AU community, learn about life after graduation, improve interpersonal communication skills, and leave a lasting impact on American University.
Student Caller Position
Location: Anderson Hall
- Secure gifts for AU using SmartCall calling software
- Educate alumni and parents on recent news, events, and needs of the university
- Attend bi-annual trainings to evaluate and improve individual progress
- All applicants must currently be enrolled as a student at American University.
- Callers must be natural conversationalists who are passionate about AU.
To learn more about the phonathon, or to ask questions about the role and application process, contact Lauren Hegedus, assistant director, annual giving at 202-885-1794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.