Are you passionate about philanthropy?
Are you looking to get involved with the AU Community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni? Are you looking for unique and practical skills for your resume?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you should join SPC!
- Promotes the importance of philanthropy and active engagement with American University.
- Solicits senior gifts to the university as part of the Senior Class Gift campaign to enable future Eagles to experience a world-class education.
- Enhances the student connection to AU as they transition to young alumni status.
- Develops and trains student leaders and prepares them for leadership roles as alumni.
- Two co-chairs
- Five graduate students
- 15 senior students
- Five junior students
- Four sophomore students
- Four first-year students
- Public Speaking
- Public Relations
- Event Planning
- Organized, with time management and public speaking skills.
- Has fundraising experience or is interested in fundraising and development.
- Is skilled at motivating and inspiring their peers and working as a team.
- Is charismatic, enthusiastic, responsible, and passionate about American University.
- Has a broad, diverse, or unique network of classmates.
- Able to commit to at least 10 hours a month to SPC events/meetings.