- Ph.D. Education, American University; M.S. Library and Information Science, Simmons College; M.A. Religious Studies, University of California at Santa Barbara; B.Ph. Interdisciplinary Studies, Miami University
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- Any of the little wooded nooks hidden around campus.
- Gwendolyn is the Associate University Librarian and Director of Research, Teaching and Learning in the University Library. Gwendolyn's scholarly research is primarily on Contemporary Paganism and she has an MA and was a doctoral candidate in Religious Studies at University of California at Santa Barbara. When her lead two professors left UCSB, she went to Simmons and became a librarian. Gwendolyn joined American University’s faculty in 1998 and earned a Ph.D. from AU’s School of Education in 2007. Her research used ethnographic methods to investigate a school for at-risk youth that used Waldorf methods, invented by Rudolf Steiner.
CORE-105 Complex Problems Seminar: The Examined Life
• Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) Legislation and Regulation Committee: June 2007 – Current
• Library Administration and Management Association (LAMA), June 2006-June 2008
Website Advisory Board
• LITA Education Committee, 2003-2008
• LITA Open Source Interest Group, 2002-current
LITA Open Source Interest Group 2005-2006
LITA Open Source Interest Group, 2004-2005
Waldorf Education and Educational Equity. The relationship between environmentalism and spirituality.
Reece, G. J. (2017). Pagan Leaders and Clergy: A Quantitative Exploration. The Pomegranate: The International Journal of Pagan Studies, 19(1), 25-46. journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/POM/index
Reece, G. J. (2016). Contemporary Pagans and Stigmatized Identity. The Pomegranate: The International Journal of Pagan Studies, 18(1), 60-95.
Reece, G. J. (2015). Impediments to Practice in Contemporary Paganism. Pomegranate: The International Journal of Pagan Studies, 16(2), 150-177. 10.1558/pome.v16i2.27020
Reece, G. J. (2015). Prevalence and Importance of Contemporary Pagan Practices. Pomegranate: The International Journal of Pagan Studies.
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- LITA – certificate recognizing outstanding participation
- Beta Phi Mu
- Phi Beta Kappa