- MA, Communication, University of Hawaii MA, Education, Stanford University BA, Government and French, Oberlin College
- Languages Spoken
- French, Japanese (and a smattering of Thai and Indonesian)
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- Pathway between Kogod and Battelle-Tompkins
- Book Currently Reading
- Improv Nation: How We Made a Great American Art by Sam Wasson
- John advises freshman and sophomore undergraduate students in the School of International Service. His primary function is to work with students in individual sessions on applications for internships, jobs and fellowships. John believes that achieving career success after graduation from AU depends largely on activities undertaken during one’s time on campus—through internships, student organization involvement, participation in conferences and seminars in Washington, D.C., and networking with alumni and other students, faculty and staff. John’s professional experience includes two stints at federal government agencies, serving as program manager for an educational nonprofit, and teaching English in Japan.
- See Also
- LinkedIn profile
World Affairs Council of Washington, D.C.
Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs
Career Directors Group (2008-present)
Center for Applications of Psychological Type
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Certified Practitioner, 2009-Present
Cooperative Education and Internship Association