- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, Honors Program, SUNY Geneseo; Master of Science, College Student Development, Western Illinois University
- Languages Spoken
- Moderate proficiency in French and American Sign Language
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- The RHA Office in Anderson Hall. It’s a great place to interact with students and have a good laugh.
- Paul Brown has have been involved in Student Affairs work since he started in Student Activities during his graduate studies at Western Illinois University in 2000. Since then, Paul has worked in Residence Life, Academic Advising and a University Honors Program, beginning his professional career at Miami University in Oxford, OH, before moving to American University in 2006. Paul has also held numerous summer internships and positions in exciting places like Anchorage, AK and London, UK.
American College Personnel Association
Chair of the Standing Committee for Men
My research interests include ways to further and promote student learning. Specifically, I am interesting in living learning community environments in the residence halls and academic and student affairs partnerships.
<!--[if gte mso 9]>
<!--[if gte mso 10]> “Building Academic Support Through Community: Supporting Honors and High Ability Students,” Sponsored by the Commission on Academic Support in Higher Education, ACPA National Convention, March 2006
“Building Living Learning Communities that Support Honors Students: A Miami University Exemplar,” Promising Practice, ACPA National Convention, March 2006
“A Strategic Living Learning Community Plan: Miami University’s Academic/Student Affairs Partnership,” ACPA National Convention, April 2005
“Living Learning Communities: Creating Academic and Student Affairs Partnerships,” Lilly Conference on College Teaching, November 2004
“Bridging Academic and Student Affairs: A Strategy for Advising High Achieving Students,” NACADA National Conference, October 2004
“Assessment in Academic Advising,” National Academic Advising Association National Pre-Conference, October 2003
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- MACUHO Mid-Level Professional Award (www.macuhoweb.org)
- American University Staff Performance Award for Innovation
- Residence Hall Association Paul G. Brown Distinguished Service Award (www.aurha.org)