- JD, University of Wisconsin Law School
MA, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
MA, History, London School of Economics
BA, University of Pennsylvania
- Before coming to American University, Professor Daniel Schneider served as a Trial Attorney in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. He was also the Department of Justice's Resident Legal Advisor to Russia. He later served as a consultant to the World Bank, the American Bar Association, and other NGOs on issues concerning corruption, the rule of law, governance, and civil society. At SIS, he teaches courses on corruption & development, transnational crime & terrorism, and international relations.
- "Moldova Anti-Corruption Assessment Report," USAID.
- "The Environment for Civic Engagement and the Role of Civil Society Organizations in Ethiopia's Poverty Reduction and Democratization Efforts," The World Bank.
Grants and Sponsored Research
- Principal Investigator for a 30-month research project funded by the National Institute of Justice, "Evaluating and Improving Law Enforcement Cooperation in Combating Mexican Drug Trafficking Organizations."
- Executive Director, Probitas International