- Additional Positions at AU
- Adjunct Instructor at SIS - Skills Institute for Stata for Economics/Development
- Ph.D., Economics, from CAS at AU; M.A., Economics, from CAS at AU; M.A., International Development, from SIS at AU; B.A., Political Science, Queens College - CUNY; A.A., Liberal Arts, Soc. Sciences & Humanities, LaGuardia Community College - CUNY
- Languages Spoken
- English, Spanish, Portuguese (basic), and Italian (basic)
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- Library, 2nd. Floor
- Book Currently Reading
- The Color of Water, by James McBride
Mario González Flores holds a PhD in Economics from CAS at American University. He has worked in the field of economic development for the past eight years. He has consulted for CGIAR-CIP in Ecuador, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN in Rome, and the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington DC. He is currently working at the Inter-American Development Bank for the
Strategic Planning and Development Effectiveness unit where he provides support in the design and implementation of impact evaluations for the following divisions: Rural Development & Natural Disasters, Capital Market and Finance, and
Competitiveness and Innovation.
Mario's main areas of interest are agricultural economics, impact evaluations, technical efficiency, and micro-econometrics.