- Ph.D., Government, Georgetown University
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- The cafe in the School of Public Affairs
- Paul Manuel is the director of the SPA Leadership Program. Previously, he served as the founding director of the Institute for Leadership at Mount St. Mary’s University in Maryland (2010-2015). Before that, he was the co-founder and executive director of the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College, where he was also the chair of the Department of Politics (1993-2008). Manuel was a tenured full professor of politics at both institutions. Manuel is the author or co-author of ten books and numerous peer-reviewed articles. His research addresses issues related to comparative democratization, comparative public policy, and the relationship between religion and politics, with an emphasis on Portugal. He holds a research fellow appointment at the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs at Georgetown University. He is also a local affiliate at the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies at Harvard University, where he co-chaired the Iberian Studies Group. He serves on the executive committee of the New England Political Science Association. He divides his time between Washington, D.C., and Massachusetts.
- See Also
- SPA Department of Public Administration and Policy
- For the Media
- To request an interview for a news story, call AU Communications at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
SPA-460 Political & Organiz Leadership
SPA-361 Leadership Development Lab I
SPA-362 Leadership Development Lab II