Reeves Aquatic Center
The Reeves Aquatic Center consists of two pools: an 8-lane, 25-yard lap pool and a 3-lane, 20-yard teaching pool. The Reeves Aquatic Center is located on the lower level of the Sports Center and can be accessed through the Jacobs Fitness Center along with the locker rooms and showers. Recreational Sports and Fitness members share the facility with the American University Varsity Swim Team, AU health & fitness classes, and Nation's Capital Swim Club.
Recreational Sports and Fitness does not offer a pool-only membership option, however, all memberships include access for recreational swim.
First time rec swimmer? Please keep the following in mind:
- Swimsuits are the only acceptable swim attire for rec swim.
- All swimmers are required to rinse off before entering the pool.
- No glass water bottles are allowed.
- No food or drink is allowed on the deck; Water is the only acceptable drink.
- No diving in the leisure pool or shallow end of the lap pool.
- Lifeguards are here to ensure the safety of all patrons and all of their directions must be followed.
- Bags and towels must be placed in a locker or hung on the hooks on the right side of the pool deck.
All members should review Aquatics Policies.
Stay in the Know!
Come make a splash with aquatics! If you want to be the first to know about adjusted hours/pool closings, special programs and events, new classes and incentive programs, sign up here today!
Spring 2015 Hours
Mondays: 10:45am-2pm, 6pm-10:30pm
Tuesdays: 10:45am-2pm, 6pm-10:30pm
Wednesdays: 6am-8am, 10:45am-2pm, 6pm-10:30pm
Thursdays: 10:45am-2pm, 6pm-10:30pm
Fridays: 6am-8am, 10:45am-2pm, 6pm-9:30pm
*Hours subject to change based on varsity swim meet schedule.