The Reeves Aquatic Center consists of two pools: an eight-lane 25-yard lap pool and a three-lane teaching pool. The Frailey Pool is located on the lower level of the Sports Center.
Open Recreational Swim Hours
6:00pm-10:30pm (Friday close at 9:30pm)
Wednesday & Friday
*Hours are subject to occasional change based on the varsity swim meet schedule.
First time rec swimmer? Please keep the following in mind:
- Swimsuits are the only acceptable swim attire for rec swim.
- All swimmers are required to rinse off before entering the pool.
- No glass water bottles are allowed.
- No food or drink is allowed on the deck; Water is the only acceptable drink.
- No diving in the leisure pool or shallow end of the lap pool.
- Lifeguards are here to ensure the safety of all patrons and all of their directions must be followed.
- Bags and towels must be placed in a locker or hung on the hooks on the right side of the pool deck.
Please see review the Aquatics Policies below for all policies and procedures.
Equipment for Open Rec Swimmers:
- Kick boards
- Pull Buoys
- Swim Paddles
- Aqua Joggers
*Located in the blue wire storage unit outside of the lifeguard office.
Free Swim Clinic Opportunities
Swim Technique Clinic coming in February 2015! Check back for more details.
Reeves Aquatic Center Rules
The pool is open only when a lifeguard is on duty
All swimmers must take a shower before entering the pool
No swimmers with open sores, open cuts, or with band aids are allowed in the pool at any time
No balls, rafts, inner tubes, or other flotation devices are allowed in the pool without prior written notice. Only children under the age of 10 are permitted to have flotation devices.
All swimmers must wear a swimsuit. No shorts, cut-offs, t-shirts, etc...
No shoes are allowed on the pool deck except by coaches and staff
Swimmers age 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times
No running is allowed on the pool deck
No spitting in the pool or on the pool deck
No foul play or horse play is allowed in the pool or on the pool deck
No food or glass bottles are allowed on the pool deck
Do not hang on to the lane lines.
The kickboards and pull buoys are provided as a courtesy by the Men’s & Women’s Swimming Teams. Please return them to their rightful place after use.
Patrons may be asked by the lifeguards to share lanes and “circle swim” with other patrons during heavy use of the pool. Please understand and respect their request to allow more patrons to use the pool at the same time.
The wall clock on the pool deck is the correct time of day, and the pool will open and close according to that clock
- The Department of Athletics & Recreation staff has the final say on all approved activities on the pool deck and in the pool
Aquatics Group Exercise Class Rules
- All aqua classes are limited to 25 participants
- Participants must pick up passes at the JFC Front Desk prior to entering class
- If you have an unlimited semester pass, you may pick up your pass 30 minutes prior to the start of the class
- If you purchase a single class pass, you may pick up your pass 15 minutes prior to the start of class
- No admittance is allowed into classes more than 5 minutes after the class has begun
- All class participants must wear a swimsuit. No shorts, cut-offs, t-shirts, etc... are allowed
- Please do not leave class early unless there is an emergency
- We reserve the right to substitute and/or cancel classes if attendance is consistently low
If you have any questions pertaining to these policies or about aquatics in general please contact Richelle Harvey- email@example.com.