Roger W. Jones Award Nomination Procedure
The criteria for this prestigious award for federal career executives (members of SES) are demonstrated exceptional capabilities in the following areas:
- superior leadership which has resulted in outstanding organizational achievements
- a strong commitment to bringing about effective continuation of government by helping to develop the careers of people who will serve as managers and executives in the future federal service
Presidential appointees and other administration appointees are invited each spring to submit nominations of career executives responsible to them who have demonstrated outstanding executive leadership.
To nominate a candidate, the following four documents are requested:
- a brief biographical sketch including employment and significant awards (not to exceed two pages)
- a narrative description of the nominee’s superior leadership that resulted in outstanding organizational achievement, making clear the achievement’s nature and significance and the career executives specific role (not to exceed three pages)
- a narrative description of the nominee’s strong commitment to effective continuity of government, through successful development of managers and executives, including the nominee’s specific actions and success in institutionalizing the development of career executives and individual managers and executives (not to exceed three pages)
- a signed cover letter from the head of the agency, or other appropriate administration appointee, recommending the nominee for the award.
Nominations are due April 30, 2014 and may be submitted online or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award ceremony, held in the fall on the American University campus, honors the year’s two recipients, each of whom also receives a cash prize of $2,500.