You can make a gift to the Student Emergency Relief Fund which provides assistance to students enduring unexpected hardships due to COVID-19. You can also support the AU Fund for Excellence, which gives AU the greatest flexibility to address the needs of our students, faculty, and staff.
American University Eagles are changemakers who act, transforming ideas into impact every day. We leave the world better than we found it – it’s what we do best. Together, we can face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Join us to keep in touch, stay connected, and see how Eagles everywhere are making a difference.
Alumni volunteers power AU. Current students and fellow alumni need your support now more than ever. There are many ways to volunteer online and engage in the life of AU.
Many university-sponsored events have moved online. Join in and engage with American University community members from the comfort of your own home. Explore offerings from the following campus partners:
AU offers a variety of resources for alumni as they navigate their careers after graduation.
- The Career Center offers a variety of resources and its advisors are available to alumni free of charge for virtual appointments on Skype or phone.
- The SIS Office of Career Development offers additional virtual services for SIS alumni.
- Kogod Career Services is ready to help Kogod alumni. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Alumnifire is AU's exclusive networking platform for alumni and students to connect for help with everything from general career advice to job opportunities.
- Join Handshake to launch the next step in your career or hire the next generation of talent.
- WCL Supports Lifelong Alumni Career & Professional Development through individual career coaching, mentor networks, a weekly career listserv, monthly webinars, job postings, legal research tools, and numerous resources. More at: Alumni Careers
Connect with fellow alumni while practicing social distancing. Find us online at:
Download Zoom Backgrounds: Bring your favorite parts of campus to classes and conference calls with this Zoom gallery.
Keep Kids (and Yourself)Entertained: Check out our AU-themed coloring and activity pages available for download now.
Don't forget to share your Eagle spirit! While we're all spending more time at home, we'd love to see your "nest." Share your work-from-home setup using the hashtag #MyEaglesNest. Have other favorite memories or advice you'd like to share with current Eagles? Tag us using the hashtags #OnceAnEagle #AlwaysAnEagle.
Looking for ways to stay active and connected to your AU community?
Join a RecFit virtual fitness class! Classes will be streamed daily on the RecFit Facebook page. On Demand classes will also be held on the RecFit YouTube channel.
Live Streaming Group Fitness Class Schedule, Monday – Friday:
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Morning Yoga
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Midday Meditation
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Yoga Flow
For more information on all RecFit virtual programs, including Intramural E-Sports and Virtual Personal Training, visit RecFit Virtual Programs website.
Your Alumni Communities
Join alumni worldwide by networking with fellow Eagles in your area. Alumni Communities and Alumni Ambassadors host social, cultural, educational, and networking events for graduates, AU families, and friends of the university. Right now, many communities are gathering online—and we invite you to join them.
Your Alumni Benefits
The American University Alumni Association offers a variety of benefits and services to the more than 135,000 Eagles across the globe.