American University’s new Hall of Science is expected to open this fall, and we have the most recent images that reveal how it is taking shape. These photos take you inside to see how detailed renderings are becoming reality. This is the second building dedicated to scientific research and teaching to open on campus in recent years as part of AU’s commitment to the sciences. The 125,000-square-foot, state-of-the art facility will house AU’s biology, environmental science, chemistry, and neuroscience departments.
- The Commons provides casual seating and gathering area for students, faculty, and staff.
- Study rooms throughout the facility provide spaces for students, faculty, and staff to meet.
- The Collaboration Room is a technology supported space for students, faculty, and staff to meet and collaborate.
- Hall of Science Research Lab.
- Gary and Pennie Abramson Discovery Hall.
- Hall of Science Garden.
- Hall of Science Patio.