The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations’ mission is to provide services that support faculty research, teaching and public service programs across all academic units, and build meaningful institutional relationships with corporate and foundation partners to advance university priorities.
To achieve our mission, we work closely with other units across the university, especially the Office of Sponsored Projects.
- To create collaborative relationships across campus that elevate the visibility of American University research, programs and community-based activities.
- To emerge as a clearinghouse of information about American University relationships with corporations and foundations
- To generate long-term support from an array of funders that support the university’s contributions to solving the world’s most pressing problem.
For Faculty and Staff
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to obtain funding from corporate foundations and/or corporate foundations
- Facilitating interactions and managing relationships among private and corporate foundations and industry
- Proposal preparation and budget development for grants and gifts
- Obtaining and routing institutional letters of support or endorsement
- Managing campus site visits and off-campus meetings
- Stewarding relationships with foundations and corporations
For Corporations and Foundations
- Helping to connect with university leadership, faculty and staff to create meaningful partnership opportunities
- Hosting visits for corporate and foundation representatives on campus
- Facilitating funding requests and helping to navigate campus resources and funding policies
- Creating one-stop shopping for corporate representatives, providing assistance in navigating sponsored research, executive training, student recruitment and contract opportunities