AhealthyU, the Office of Sustainability, and Office of Parking and Commuter Services invite you to celebrate national bike month with a bike to work day breakfast! Biking is a fun, healthy, and eco-friendly way to get to work. By biking to work, you can:
- Contribute to your daily exercise goal
- Save time by bypassing rush hour traffic
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Minimize your carbon footprint
- Save money on car maintenance, fuel, and parking
- Meet other cyclists at city-wide pit stops and at breakfast on the Quad
Bikers of all abilities are welcome! More information coming soon.
Bike to Work Day at AU
Friday, May 15th
Register through the Washington Area Bicycle Association to take advantage of pit stops or to join a convoy on your ride. Be sure to list American University as your employer when you register.
If you would like to connect with fellow AU colleagues, join the AU Bicycle Facebook Group.
Don't have a bike?
Capital Bikeshare has over 3000 bicycles throughout the DC metro region at your fingertips. The closest station to American University is behind Kay Spiritual Life Center on Massachusetts Avenue.