AhealthyU, the Office of Sustainability, and Office of Parking and Commuter Services invite you to celebrate national bike month with a bike to work day breakfast! Biking is a fun, healthy, and eco-friendly way to get to work. By biking to work, you can:
- Contribute to your daily exercise goal
- Save time by bypassing rush hour traffic
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Minimize your carbon footprint
- Save money on car maintenance, fuel, and parking
- Meet other cyclists at city-wide pit stops and at breakfast on the Quad
Bikers of all abilities are welcome!
bike to work day celebration
Celebrate Bike to Work Day with AhealthyU, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking and Commuter Services on Friday, May 17th! After you bike to work, stop by the Quad in front of MGC from 8:00-10:00 AM for breakfast, giveaways, and raffle drawings!
Registration is required. Register through the Washington Area Bicycle Association to take advantage of pit stops or to join a convoy on your ride. Be sure to list American University as your employer when you register.
**All riders are provided with Jacobs Fitness Center shower passes; you must present your AU ID to access Jacobs Fitness Center.
Before you start pedaling…
Join us for a special Bike to Work Day Luncheon Learn on Tuesday, May 7th from 12:00-1:00 PM in SIS Founders Room. Learn tips for biking to work, including what to wear, how to pack, shower options, and routes to campus. If you would like to register your bike on campus, we'll help you do so at the Luncheon Learn.
Registration is required. Follow the instructions below to register through AsuccessfulU.
Follow the "REGISTER" link to register for the session.
You will be prompted to log on to the myAU portal.
From there, click the "Go to AsuccessfulU" button in the middle of the page.
You will be directed to the course registration where you will click “Register Now” then click “Confirm” when prompted.
- AU offers biking information and connections to city resources for first time riders and experienced cyclists.
- Bike to Work Day - Metro DC - On Friday, May 17, 2019 Commuter Connections and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association invite you to celebrate bicycling as a clean, fun, and healthy way to get to work. Attend one of 115 pit stops in D.C., MD, and VA to receive refreshments, and be entered into a raffle for bicycles being given away.
- The mission of the Washington Area Bicyclist Association is to create a healthy, more livable region by promoting bicycling for fun, fitness, and affordable transportation.
Bike to Work Day at AU
Friday, May 17th
Register through the Washington Area Bicycle Association to take advantage of pit stops or to join a convoy on your ride. Be sure to list American University as your employer when you register.
If you would like to connect with fellow AU colleagues, join the AU Bicycle Facebook Group.
Don't have a bike?
Capital Bikeshare has over 3000 bicycles throughout the DC metro region at your fingertips. The closest station to American University is behind Kay Spiritual Life Center on Massachusetts Avenue.