If you can't make it to an on-campus clinic, you can still schedule a low or no-cost flu shot with your healthcare provider at a participating location.
Between September 20 - October 14, campus flu shots will be provided to faculty and staff courtesy of AhealthyU, CareFirst, Kaiser Permanente®. Flu shot sites will be held on Main Campus, Spring Valley Building (SVB), WAMU, and Washington College of Law (WCL) Campus.
- Open to all AU faculty and staff, regardless of your health insurance provider*.
- Advance registration is highly encouraged. Walk-in appointments are welcome but subject to availability. Must present your AU ID at your appointment.
- CareFirst and Kaiser Permanente members, we encourage you to register for a date sponsored by your health insurance provider (reference schedule).
*Flu shots and appointments are contracted through CareFirst and Kaiser Permanente.
To schedule an appointment:
- Select the date you want to receive your flu shot.
- Identify the provider, CareFirst or Kaiser Permanente, offering the flu shot clinic.
- Register for an appointment by the provider and your insured status. Instructions vary by provider, and for members and non-members.
|CareFirst Instructions (New user registration key: AmericanEdu2021)||Kaiser Instructions (New user sign-up code: amer)|
|Member registration||Member registration|
|Non-member registration||Non-member registration|
|Monday, September 20||9am - 12:30pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||CareFirst|
|Tuesday, September 21||10am - 3pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||CareFirst|
|Wednesday, September 22||10am - 1:30pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||CareFirst|
|CANCELED! Thursday, September 23||10am - 1:30pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||CareFirst|
|Friday, September 24||10am - 1:30pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||CareFirst|
|Wednesday, September 29||10am - 2pm||WCL, SBA Lounge||Kaiser|
|Thursday, September 30||9am - 3pm||Spring Valley Building
|Kaiser Mobile Van|
|Tuesday, October 5||10am - 2pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||Kaiser|
|Wednesday, October 6||10am - 2pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||Kaiser|
|Thursday, October 7||10am - 2pm||WAMU, Lower Level Conference Room||Kaiser|
|Monday, October 11||10am - 1:30pm||WCL, SBA Lounge||CareFirst|
|Tuesday, October 12||10am - 1:30pm||Spring Valley Building
|Wednesday, October 13||10am - 1:30pm||WAMU, Lower Level Conference Room||CareFirst|
|NEW DATE! Thursday, October 14||10am - 1:30pm||McCabe Hall, Room 225||CareFirst|
You can schedule a low or no-cost flu shot with your healthcare provider at a participating location.
If you have health insurance, contact your provider directly or visit their website for guidance on choosing an in-network provider, a participating retail pharmacy, or clinic in your plan to receive a no or low-cost flu shot.
Review the instructions for CareFirst Members or Kaiser Permanente Members.