We are excited that you are considering applying to be a member of our residence life team. The Resident Assistant position is considered to be one of the most important, influential, and rewarding leadership opportunities available to students.
Resident assistants (RA) are part-time undergraduate student staff members of Housing & Residence Life (HRL) and the University's Office of Campus Life. HRL believes that life in the residence halls provides students an important opportunity to complement their classroom learning experience. The RA fulfills a vital role in the residence hall system by helping students integrate learning experiences gained from both inside and outside of the classroom. The primary function of the RA is to facilitate interpersonal relationships and to create living situations that maximize the opportunities for students to learn and grow.
Review the full position description (PDF) for 2019-2020 RAs. This is a draft document. Candidates will be notified when the final version is available.
- Attend an information session (mandatory).
- Complete the online application, open January 15-20, 2019.
Information Sessions are required to apply
- January 14th 2019 at 12pm - Letts Formal
- January 15th 2019 at 12pm - Letts Formal
- January 16th 2019 at 4:30pm - McDowell Formal
- January 17th 2019 at 12pm - Letts Formal
- January 18th 2019 at 4:30pm - Hughes Formal