Resident assistants (RA) are part-time undergraduate student staff members of Housing & Residence Life (HRL) and the University’s Office of Campus Life. HRL believes that life in the residence halls provides students an important opportunity to complement their classroom learning experience. The RA fulfills a vital role in the residence hall system by helping students integrate learning experiences gained from both inside and outside of the classroom. The primary function of the RA is to facilitate interpersonal relationships and to create living situations that maximize opportunities for students to learn and grow.
Review the full position description for 2020-2021 RAs.
- Attend an information session or complete an online session.
- Complete the online application, open December 13, 2019 to January 16, 2020.
- Provide references.
- January 13 at 11:30 A.M.—Letts Formal
- January 14 at 6:00 P.M.—MGC2
- January 15 at 2:30 P.M.—Hughes Formal
To complete the online information session, please watch the video.
All applicants must submit one reference via this link by Monday, January 20, 2020 at 11:59 P.M. Some examples of references are:
- Resident assistant
- University staff member
- Current or former professor
- Former teacher
- Former coach
- Current or former supervisor