The AU Club Council (AUCC) is a recognized, chartered student governance organization directly funded from the undergraduate student activity fee to provide funding allocation for events and programming initiatives hosted by recognized undergraduate student clubs. The AUCC is dedicated to building stronger clubs at American University and supporting them with all the resources and expertise at our disposal. The AU Club Council provides funding to all recognized clubs on campus and helps clubs leaders grow. Visit www.auclubcouncil.com for more information about the Club Council.
To become a formally recognized club, all student organizations must:
- Comply with all applicable American University policies
- Adhere to the University's non-discrimination policy
- Demonstrate non-duplication of a mission or purpose of previously recognized AU student organization.
- Submit a complete roster of officers and members. (Each club must have a minimum of eight (8) members, with four (4) of those members consisting of a president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary). Executive board members must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good disciplinary standing to be eligible.
- Identify a Faculty or Staff club advisor: Who can be a Student Club Advisor? Any full-time member of the faculty, staff or administration is eligible to serve as the recognized advisor to the organization.
- Submit a club constitution
- Demonstrate benefit to the members, campus, and/or wider community
More information about the New Club Registration for Fall 2020 will be available in August. Please view the information below for requirements to participate in registration.
The new club registration process is developed to ensure accountability and transparency in all Center for Student Involvement recognized clubs, and to provide the university community an accurate listing of active student organizations for the academic year. Recognition does not mean the university supports or adheres to the views held or the positions taken by recognized student organizations.
The organization and its officers are responsible for all programs, actions, or commitments made on behalf of their organization, including their debts. AU is not liable for debts incurred by the student organization. Responsibility for any action which violates federal, state, local laws and ordinances or university policies is assumed by the individual group’s officers and members.
Clubs approved through the registration process are granted recognition status for the following semester. Ex. Clubs approved in Spring 2020, will be granted recognized club status for Fall 2020.
It’s time for Annual Renewal. This year we have broken renewal up into 3 phases: Re-Register, Onboard, and Engage. Please see details below about Phase 1, Re-Registering your club on Engage!
Phase 1: Re-Register Your Club on Engage: All CSI Student Organizations must complete Engage Re-Registration by Friday, August 7th. Any student organization that does not complete Phase 1: Re-Registration is no longer active as of Friday, August 7th.
- Login to Engage using your AU credentials
- Find the square box in the top right-hand corner and click “Manage”
- Choose your organization and click “Re-Register this Organization”
- Complete the following:
- Review the following Web tutorials:
- Introduction to ENGAGE
- Building and Managing Your Organization's Roster
- Confirm or Update the following information:
- Club Constitution
- Club logo/image
- Club email and Student Primary Contact
- Club Executive Board with required positions to the roster
- 25live Space Requester
- ***New Member Educator (FSL & Professional Greek-lettered chapters)
- Add and/or Confirm Club Faculty/Staff Advisor to the roster
- Review the following Web tutorials:
Note: All student clubs must have a minimum of 8 student members in your roster (excluding the Club Faculty/Staff Advisor)
If you have further questions, email Jordan Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Calvin Haney (email@example.com).
More details about Phase 2: Onboard and Phase 3: Engage will be communicated later in the summer.
Student Clubs must be renewed each academic year. You can find a club renewal form on Engage, please note that the form will only be visible during valid renewal period.