Our assessment tests are powered by HireSelect and are vetted through the Department of Labor. Applicants will have to complete the following:
- Initial Screening Interview Questionnaire
- Police Sample Writing Assessment – Assesses Basic Writing Skills and Reading Comprehension
- Criteria Basic Skills Test (CBST) – Assesses Basic Reading and Math Skills
- Employee Personality Profile (EPP) – Assesses Personality Traits and Customer Service Skills
After completing the online assessments, results will be evaluated by the AUPD Recruitment Team. If selected to move forward in the process, applicants will be invited by AUPD Recruitment Team to come in for an in-person panel interview.
If selected for the position, applicants will receive a conditional offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
All applicants who advance to this step must complete an background check consists of the following:
- Dispatchers: HR Criminal Background, Drug/Medical, and Reference Check
- Police Officers: Drug/Medical Check and HR/In-depth Criminal Background Check by a Background Investigator
Upon successful completion of background investigation and reference check, applications will recieve an final offer of employment and a start date. Note: Background investigations can take from 2-5 weeks.