We are delighted to once again safely welcome prospective student visitors to campus. As federal and local COVID-19 policies continue to evolve, please be sure to familiarize yourself with American University's current COVID-19 protocols and COVID-19 vaccination requirements for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors to campus.
Here are the steps you will need to take prior to your visit:
Register for a campus tour with an admissions counselor.
Note that these tours are intended for prospective applicants who have not yet received an admission decision from SIS. Admitted students should register for events through the admitted student portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated* by the date of your visit. Be prepared to present your vaccination record card or a digital copy upon request while on campus.
*Visitors who are unvaccinated because of medical or religious reasons must obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival. Unvaccinated visitors must be prepared to present a copy of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result upon arrival on the AU campus, a university-owned/managed building, or at an AU-sponsored event off campus.
Masks are currently optional in most areas of AU’s campus. If you would prefer to wear a mask, please bring your own or we will be happy to provide one at event check-in. Review the most updated mask guidance and requirements.
- Browse our campus maps and transportation/parking instructions.
Note that parking fees are enforced on campus between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Self-monitor for symptoms prior to campus arrival
We know that health and other circumstances can change quickly and ask that you delay your visit should you develop any symptoms or are notified of a positive COVID-19 exposure.
- Join a virtual session.
We encourage all prospective applicants join us for an upcoming virtual information session, application workshop, or special admissions event to get to know our team and have your questions answered.
- All visitors to American University's campus are required to abide by American University Health and Safety Directives and are encouraged to review our most up-to-date COVID-19 GUIDE before visiting campus.
- In registering for a campus event or planning an independent visit, you and any guests accompanying you are agreeing to these requirements and understand that the safety of everyone on campus depends on adherence to these rules; and acknowledge that guests/visitors to the University may be restricted from accessing University premises for noncompliance.
- If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, please reschedule your visit: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle aches, new loss of taste or smell.
There are many things about SIS that make our community unique. Watch this quick virtual tour video to explore your future home.