Graduate Certificate in Public Management
Admission to the Program
Open to students with a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- 15 credit hours of approved coursework with at least 6 credit hours at the 600-level or above with grades of C or better. Grades of C- or D in certificate program courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 9 credit hours each semester (except for summer). A maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
Required (3 credit hours)
Additional Courses (12 credit hours)
Complete 12 credit hours from the following:
Note: Course substitutions may be made with approval of the department.
- PUAD-609 Topics in Public Management (3) : State and Local Management
- PUAD-613 Global Governance and Public Policy (3)
- PUAD-614 Development Management (3)
- PUAD-615 Public-Private Partnerships (3)
- PUAD-633 Budgeting and Financial Management (3)
- PUAD-650 Leadership in a Changing Workplace (3)
- PUAD-652 Facilitation and Team Development (3)
- PUAD-654 Organization Diagnosis and Change (3)
- PUAD-656 Managing Diversity (3)
- PUAD-658 Managing Conflict (3)
- PUAD-665 Managing Human Capital Assets (3)
- PUAD-684 Organizational Analysis (3)