Graduate Certificate in Public Management
Admission to the Program
Open to students with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 15 credit hours of approved course work with at least 6 credit hours at the 600-level or above with grades of C or better.
Grades of C- or D in certificate program courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 9 credit hours each semester (except for summer). A maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
- PUAD-617 Project Management (3)
- 12 credit hours from the following:
- PUAD-609 Topics in Public Management: State and Local Management (3)
- PUAD-613 Global Governance and Public Policy (3)
- PUAD-614 Development Management (3)
- PUAD-615 Public-Private Partnerships (3)
- PUAD-633 Budgeting and Financial Management (3)
- PUAD-650 Leadership in a Changing Workplace (3)
- PUAD-652 Facilitation and Team Development (3)
- PUAD-654 Organization Diagnosis and Change (3)
- PUAD-656 Managing Diversity (3)
- PUAD-658 Managing Conflict (3)
- PUAD-665 Managing Human Capital Assets (3)
- PUAD-684 Organizational Analysis (3)
Course substitutions may be made with approval of the department.