You must submit a complete application package as part of the application process for the Master of Science in Organization Development (MSOD) program. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their application materials are received by the deadline. When all materials have been received by the Admissions Office, you will be invited to schedule the required admissions interview with the Director.
We are currently accepting applications for Cohort 78, beginning in Fall 2018, and Cohort 79, beginning in Spring 2019.
Cohort 78 begins August 11, 2018.
The Application Deadline is Tuesday, May 29. Admissions are rolling.
Please check the Admissions Information Session page for upcoming sessions.
A complete application includes:
- Graduate admissions application form. You must complete this form online. After you complete this initial section of the application you must hit submit to proceed. You will only be able to upload your supporting documents after you have hit submit on the initial graduate application form.
- A statement of purpose describing why you believe the MSOD education will further your professional and personal development. This should include your understanding of the field of Organization Development, the non-traditional AU MSOD experience, and your approach to learning. You are presenting your "case" for admission to the program.
- Two letters of recommendation speaking to your potential for success in the field and this program. One or both letters should address your potential in organizational leadership or as an OD practitioner. While it is preferred that one recommendation come from your supervisor and one come from a person who can speak to your academic potential, it is completely acceptable for both letters of recommendation to come from past and present work colleagues and supervisors.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if any). This includes the original transcript(s) of any coursework transferred to the undergraduate school from which you graduated. Credits from other university courses cannot be applied to the MSOD program because of its unique nature, the sequence of the courses, and the need to maintain the cohort group cohesion. The online application will request that you upload your unofficial transcript(s). Official transcripts should be requested from your respective universities as soon as possible to facilitate an on-time arrival. The admissions interview can be conducted with only your unofficial transcripts uploaded to the portal, but all official transcripts are required for enrollment.
- Two samples of your written work, which may include academic papers, professional reports, memoranda, articles, or creative pieces. Many applicants write a reflection on an organizational experience relevant to the field of OD when they do not have past writing samples from the aforementioned categories. These samples should indicate your potential for producing graduate-level thought and writing.
- An optional list of personal growth workshops and other trainings attended, including professional training of a non-experiential nature. Please list the course title, dates, location, sponsoring organization, and instructor.
- A complete resume or CV listing past employment experience, including responsibilities, skills obtained, significant travel, languages spoken, certifications and education.
- TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson Test scores (International Students Only). The Institutional code for the TOEFL and IELTS is 5007. The preferred minimum TOEFL for international students is 250 on the computer test and 100 on the IBT. The preferred minimum IELTS score is 7. The preferred minimum on Pearson Test of English is 68. The CFIS (Certification of Finances for International Students) and a bank statement are required, but they may be submitted after admission. Register for TOEFL here; register for Pearson Test of English (PTE) here. The University code for PTE is X1Q-K6-10.
- Applicants must also complete an interview with the AU MSOD Director. An AU MSOD staff member will contact you to schedule your interview after receipt of all of your application materials.
For questions related to your application, please contact the AU MSOD Recruitment Manager at (202) 885-6212.