Connecting to the eaglesecure Wireless Network
What is eaglesecure?
The eaglesecure wireless network is available all over main campus, plus the Tenley campus and other satellite offices. Please note that the Washington College of Law offers a separate wireless service on the WCL campus
Eaglesecure uses the latest 802.11n standard with 100-150 megabit per second throughput. This new wireless architecture also takes advantage of an industry best practice distributed platform to greatly reduce the risk of large scale system failure.
If you have any questions about the eaglesecure wireless network or need assistance connecting to the network, please contact the IT Help Desk at 202-885-2550, firstname.lastname@example.org, or AskAmericanUHelp.
Protecting your Connection
Always check for the gold lock or "https" in the address field before transmitting your password or PIN over the network. You can also use AU's VPN service.
Connecting to AU's eaglesecure Wireless Network
To connect your computer to the eaglesecure wireless network, follow these simple steps:
- Check your available wireless networks and connect to the open network, WirelessSetupAU
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari
- You should be redirected to our XpressConnect web portal. If you are not redirected, try and navigate to a non-AU internet site such as http://www.cnn.com
- Once you are on the web portal, check the box to accept the XpressConnect End-User License Agreement and click START
- The XpressConnect utility will launch and guide you through connecting your computer to eaglesecure, once you have entered your myAU.american.edu portal credentials
Access to the network is restricted to AU faculty, staff, students and registered visitors.