The Katzen Art Center's graceful facilities offer a unique Washington locale for conventions, training, weddings, film, and live performance. Beyond a gorgeous setting, the Katzen offers:
Multiple event spaces, from performance and meeting spaces to computerized classrooms. See below for a list of spaces.
Convenient location with abundant downstairs parking.
Flexible capabilities, including state-of-the-art AV technology and online ticketing, plus our nearby sister facility, the Greenberg Theatre.
To confer immediately with our staff or to arrange a visit or tour, please contact:
Katzen Facilities and Operations Manager
All Katzen facilities rentals include the following:
- Building access from 8:00 a.m. to midnight
- Access to corridors, dressing rooms, lobby, stage, audience area
- HVAC, basic custodial, open/close of facilities
- House audio system with basic announce and playback(1 microphone, plus CD, MD, and cassette playback)
- House ticketing system
- Consultation with production staff
- Standard orchestra chairs, music stands, stand lights, conductor's podium
- For alcohol to be served at events a formal request process must be followed as specified in the AU Alcohol Policy form.
- Rentals also require insurance-please see the Rental Agreement, Section 10, for details.
- Additional services can be arranged through consultation with our staff. Please contact us at 202-885-3884 or AUarts@american.edu for more information, or see our Services, Policies, & Forms on the main Katzen Facilities page.
- Our sister facility, the Greenberg Theatre on Wisconsin Avenue, may also suit your needs.