Welcome to the Physics Department at American University! Our research labs and facilities include the Institute for Integrated Space Science and Technology (ISSTI), Design and Build Lab (DaBL), and DC Space Grant Consortium.
2019 Physics Colloquium(2:30pm, DMTI 111):
- Nov 20: Dr. Raphael Attié, Department of Energy
"The Science Enabled by Do-It-Yourself Flying Robots"
- Nov 6: Dr. Lauren Aycock, Department of Energy
"A Physicist's Perspective on Science Policy: Transitioning from Bench Science to Senate Staffer to Policy Advisor"
- Oct 23: NSF Program Director, Dr. Carrie Black, National Science Foundation
"Space Weather and Geospace Science at NSF"
- Oct 9: Dr. Joshua Socolar, Duke University
"Quasicrystalline and Limit-periodic structures: Who Ordered Those? And How?"
- Oct 2 (canceled): Artist in Residence Rebecca Kamen, University of Pennsylvania
"It from Bit: Re-Imagining Scientific Discovery"
- Sept 25: Dr. Elena Provornikova , Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) at Johns Hopkins University
- Sept 4: Dr. Barbara Thompson , NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Heliophysics Science Division
"Beyond the Black Box: How Deep Learning and AI can Drive Scientific Discovery"