All employees, including student employees, may elect to deposit their pay in up to three (3) checking, savings, or money market accounts through direct deposit.
You will need to have a bank account and know your account number and routing number. To sign up online: Login to the myAU Portal. Under 'Personalized Links' on the left side, click on 'Work@AU', then click on 'Eagle-Service - Banking Information' Click 'Add an Account' and follow the instructions You will receive an email confirmation once you have successfully submitted your information. If you have concerns about submitting information electronically, you may contact the Payroll Office at 202-885-3520 to discuss alternatives. Please be sure to submit your direct deposit information by the deadlines listed in the Payroll Schedule to ensure your deposit occurs as expected.
Changes to your deposit information can be made in Eagle Service, however your changes must be submitted by the deadlines listed in the Payroll Schedule to ensure the deposit occurs as expected. Login to the myAU Portal. Under 'Personalized Links' on the left side, click on 'Work@AU', then click on 'Eagle Service - Banking Information'. Click on the account you wish to make changes to. You can change deposit priority, amount, nickname, and end date. You will need to create a new account if you wish to change your routing or account number. You will receive an email confirmation once you have successfully submitted your information.
On-Campus Banking Service
Capital One Bank is located on campus at Butler Pavilion. Capital One Bank offers AU employees many privileged services. To learn more about the many privileges Capital One Bank offers AU employees, visit the bank branch on campus. To learn more about Capital One Bank services or products in general, visit its Web site at www.capitalone.com. You also may use any other financial institution of your choice for Direct Deposit.
- It's convenient. You do not have to go to the bank to cash your check.
- It's sustainable. All that paper and ink adds up - in 2010 we printed more than 15,000 paychecks. As part of our ongoing efforts to make AU more sustainable, beginning in 2012 we will move to offering paychecks through Direct Deposit or TotalPayCard® exclusively.
- It's safe. No more lost, stolen, or misplaced checks.
- It's quick and reliable. Your money will be available as soon as transfer of funds takes place. Your pay will be deposited even when you are on vacation, sick, or out of town.
- It's easy. Simply go to the AU portal, follow the instructions above and you will receive an e-mail notification telling you when the direct deposit will become effective.
- It can help you manage your money. You can have your paycheck deposited directly into more than one account (such as a checking and a savings account).