The American University-Lyft RideSmart Program is replacing the previous carshare partnership to offer a sustainable, flexible, and cost effective transportation alternative for faculty, staff, and students conducting official university business.
Departments will now be able to set up Lyft programs and utilize a central billing system for authorized users to book rides via the Lyft app. This allows students, faculty, and staff the flexibility to go off-campus when needed without worrying about needing a personal vehicle to get to their destination. Departments can set specific pickup and drop-off locations to ensure the program is only utilized for AU-affiliated business.
- Lyft Credits: An automated program for rides that recur regularly.
- Allows you to assign a monthly dollar amount to program participants that they can use towards Lyft rides each month.
- Customizable: you can restrict the rides by date, time, and location and customize the value
- Departments provide a list of eligible riders who will receive Lyft ride credits
- Eligibility verified by @american.edu email address
- Lyft Auto Pay: Allows faculty and staff to directly bill rides to a corporate account.
- Hassle-free expensing (integrates with Concur, Expensify)
- A simple way for faculty and staff to separate business related rides from personal rides
- Lyft Concierge: Web-based portal for booking trips on a rider’s behalf.
- Enables you to request rides for people who don't have the Lyft app
- The Concierge platform offers a user-friendly booking interface that is compatible with any internet-enabled device.
- Lyft Events Codes: For one-off events or non-recurring rides.
- Departments can purchase codes for one-off events and rides for non-recurring programs.
- Can be restricted by date, time, location, max redemptions, and value
- To set up your own event code, you can also go to the Lyft Events Portal
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I sign up for an account or get more information?
- How are these rides billed?
- Rides are billed by Lyft via monthly invoice. Payment by corporate P-card is not an option for indivdual rides. A P-card may be used to pay the monthy invoice.
- Do we get discounts on Lyft or free rides?
- No, you will not receive free rides or discounts when you create a RideSmart program.
Lyft’s Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft launched a Health and Safety Program, which includes:
- Personal health certification for drivers and riders
- Required face masks for drivers and riders
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
You can read more about the program on the Lyft website.
Safety Tips For Riding Smart with Lyft:
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.