Leadership and Management (Minor)
Offered by the Kogod School of Business, the Leadership and Management (Minor) provides coverage of leadership and management issues in business and other organizations and contexts. This minor also provides students with a critical tool kit of skills and capabilities. Leadership and management skill sets are useful irrespective of specific career path or major/concentration. With this minor students have the opportunity to learn about the importance of effective leadership and management by developing an understanding of the underlying knowledge, best practices, and skills needed to be more effective leaders and managers.
Admission to the Program
Not open to Business Administration (BSBA) students.
- 18 credit hours with grades of C or better, a minimum of 9 credit hours at or above 300-level, and at least 12 credit hours unique to the minor
Required (6 credit hours)
Electives (12 credit hours)
Complete 12 credit hours from the following:
- MGMT-360 Social Purpose Innovation and Entrepreneurship (3)
- MGMT-381 Managing Human Capital (3)
- MGMT-391 Internship in Management (1-6) (maximum 3 credit hours)
- MGMT-396 Selected Topics: Non-Recurring (1-6) (approved management topic)
- MGMT-409 Leading High Performance Teams (3)
- MGMT-465 Negotiation (3)
- MGMT-484 Consulting and Project Management (3)
- MGMT-496 Selected Topics: Non-Recurring (1-6) (approved management topic)