- Covid-19 Testing Schedule & Information: Students, faculty and staff, please check the on-campus testing schedule for testing hours and locations. The schedule tells you where, when and how often to test. No appointments for asymptomatic faculty, staff and students; walk-in only.
- COVID-19 Update: AU's Coronavirus Update includes recent statements and a link to Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Flu Shots: Flu Shots are now available. Please schedule a Flu Vaccine appointment on the Student Health Portal.
- Be prepared: Check out the Student Health Center Recommendation for a Basic Healthcare Kit!
The Student Health Center remains open for students.
Hours of operation: Monday—Friday, 8 am—5:00 pm.
If you're a student and have health-related questions or concerns, please reach out to the Student Health Center via secure messaging (within the Student Health Portal) and you'll hear back from your provider within one business day.
Same-day appointments for acute illnesses and telemedicine appointments can be made by calling 202-885-3380 option 1 and then option 2 to schedule an appointment.
If you feel like you are experiencing a life threatening emergency:
Please call 202-885-3636 (On Campus)or call 911 (Off Campus)
Students, faculty and staff with a presence on campus must have regular COVID-19 testing.
- Asymptomatic students: Constitution, walk-in
- Asymptomatic faculty and staff: University Club, walk-in
- Symptomatic students: by appointment
All psychiatric appointments are now being conducted via telepsychiatry. This service is only available for students who are physically located in Washington, DC,as our psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner are not licensed to offer telepsychiatry to students who reside outside of DC. When scheduling your appointment, please let the Patient Service Representative know where you are currently located.
If you are out of state and have questions for your provider, please send a secure message to your psychiatric provider through the Student Health Portal.
For psychiatry appointments, please call: 202-885-3565 or email Psychiatry@american.edu (Please provide your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and AUID Number). Before your scheduled appointment, you will be sent a secure message through the student health portal with instructions on how to connect for your telepsychiatry appointment. You can use any device to connect as long as it has audio and video capabilities.
Limited appointments for students residing in Maryland and Virginia are located in the Student Health Center.