- COVID-19 testing will be suspended on Monday, October 19th due to shipping delays of supplies. Testing will resume on Tuesday, October 20th in Bender Arena.
- COVID-19 Update: AU's Coronavirus Update includes recent statements and a link to Frequently Asked Questions
- Be prepared: Check out the Student Health Center Recommendation for a Basic Healthcare Kit!
- Screening News: The Tuberculosis screening form is not yet available. Students will receive an email when it is available to download.
- Telemedicine Visits: Telemedicine visits may be available for students exhibiting mild COVID-19 types of symptoms.
- Free Flu Shots: Flu Shots are now available. Please schedule a Flu Vaccine appointment on the Student Health Portal.
- In-person Symptomatic Testing: Starting Monday October 19th, any student recently exposed to COVID-19 or exhibiting COVID-19 types of symptoms should schedule testing at the Student Health Center.
The Student Health Center remains open for students.
Hours of operation are currently Monday—Friday, 8 am—4:30 pm. Beginning August 24, we'll be open from 8 am—5:30 pm.
If you're a student and have health-related questions or concerns, please reach out to the Student Health Center via secure messaging (within the Student Health Portal) and you'll hear back from your provider within one business day.
Same-day appointments for acute illnesses and telemedicine appointments can be made by calling 202-885-3380 option 1 and then option 2 to schedule an appointment.
If you feel like you are experiencing a life threatening emergency:
Please call 202-885-3636 (On Campus)or call 911 (Off Campus)
All psychiatric appointments are now being conducted via telepsychiatry. This service is only available for students who are physically located in Washington, DC, as our psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner are not licensed to offer telepsychiatry to students who reside outside of DC. When scheduling your appointment, please let the Patient Service Representative know where you are currently located.
If you are out of state and have questions for your provider, please send a secure message to your psychiatric provider through the Student Health Portal.
For psychiatry appointments, please call: 202-885-3565 or email Psychiatry@american.edu (Please provide your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and AUID Number). Before your scheduled appointment, you will be sent a secure message through the student health portal with instructions on how to connect for your telepsychiatry appointment. You can use any device to connect as long as it has audio and video capabilities.
Limited appointments for students residing in Maryland and Virginia are located in the Student Health Center.