- COVID-19 immunization requirement for students: All students with a campus presence must be vaccinated for Fall 2021. Find answers to your questions about AU's requirements on this FAQ page.
- Covid-19 Testing Schedule: Check the testing schedule for hours, locations, and information about on-campus testing for students, faculty, staff, and contract workers.
- Submit your COVID-19 Vaccine Information: Undergraduate, graduate, and WCL students will be required to provide proof of vaccination for the fall semester. Please see the details regarding the submission of the vaccination record.
The Student Health Center remains open for students.
Hours of operation: Monday—Friday, 8 am—4:30 pm.
Students who graduated in May still have access to Student Health Center services until July 31, 2021, but need to call to schedule an appointment.
If you're a student and have health-related questions or concerns, please reach out to the Student Health Center via secure messaging (within the Student Health Portal) and you'll hear back from your provider within one business day.
Same-day appointments for acute illnesses and telemedicine appointments can be made by calling 202-885-3380 option 1 and then option 2 to schedule an appointment.
If you feel like you are experiencing a life threatening emergency:
Please call 202-885-3636 (On Campus)or call 911 (Off Campus)
Students, faculty and staff with a presence on campus must have regular COVID-19 testing.
- Asymptomatic students: Constitution, walk-in
- Asymptomatic faculty and staff: University Club, walk-in
- Symptomatic students: by appointment
All psychiatric appointments are now being conducted via telepsychiatry. This service is only available for students who are physically located in Washington, DC,as our psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner are not licensed to offer telepsychiatry to students who reside outside of DC. When scheduling your appointment, please let the Patient Service Representative know where you are currently located.
If you are out of state and have questions for your provider, please send a secure message to your psychiatric provider through the Student Health Portal.
For psychiatry appointments, please call: 202-885-3565 or email Psychiatry@american.edu (Please provide your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and AUID Number). Before your scheduled appointment, you will be sent a secure message through the student health portal with instructions on how to connect for your telepsychiatry appointment. You can use any device to connect as long as it has audio and video capabilities.
Limited appointments for students residing in Maryland and Virginia are located in the Student Health Center.