Procedures & Guidelines
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin by recipients of federal financial assistance.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits sex discrimination by educational institutions (“Title IX”).
- Violence Against Women Act 2013 addresses violent crimes against women.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975 prohibits discrimination based on age in programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination based on age in employment.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the DC Human Rights Act prohibit discrimination in employment in general.
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
- Equal Pay Act prohibits discrimination based on sex in the payment of wages.